Queen Amidala, and other queens of Naboo, have some very recognizable makeup, this post is about Queen Amidala’s makeup, which, while having similar makeup, other Queen’s of Neboo have slightly different makeup and will not be featured in this Amidala specific post.
These are good videos the show the application technique for the Queen Amidala makeup.
(Note: That the makeup technique for applying is helpful, however, it it not movie accurate.)
(Note: These may also help with the application of makeup for other Queens from Naboo, however, other Queens of Naboo’s royal makeup is not the same as Amidala’s even though it is similar so there will be some differences.)
- A Certain Memini: Queen Amidala Makeup: (Video)
- Charisma Star: Queen Amidala Makeup: (Video)
- (Note: the eyeliner is winged in this video which should not be done for a movie accurate makeup look, its great for inspired though 🙂 .)
- Laura Laqu: Queen Amidala Makeup (Video)
- Agathe Diary: Queen Amidala Makeup (Video)
- Alithiell: Queen Amidala Makeup (Video)
Makeup Application To Avoid For Movie Accurate Makeup:
- Winged Eyeliner
- Eye Shadow (of any kind, other then white for setting powder)
- Tight Lining Or Lining The Water Line
- Colors Other Then White For The Setting Powder
- (Note: using setting powder other then true no color or if you can’t get that white will change the color of the cream base)
- Forgetting To Use Red Setting Powder For The Lips And Dots, which can result in smearing
- Colors Other Than White For The Base
- (Note: the makeup used in the movie was a porciline white, it is a warmer softer white not as harsh as clown white.)
- (When its suggest that colors other then white should not be used, this means that even the lightest shade of regular foundation is not going to be light enough for Queen Amidala’s face base makeup, the makeup used in the film was a specific movie foundation.)
- Link Here, To Image Of Natalie Postman In Makeup Chair As Padmé
- Line Here, To Parade Padmé Getting Her Makeup Touched Up
- The Force.Net: Discussion Forum About Queen Amidala Makeup
- (Note: That when the makeup says Ivory, they do not mean Ivory skin tone in foundation, they mean Ivory off white)
A Transcript Of The Queen Amidala’s Makeup Chart Is Below:
(Note: Underlined words are words that can not be clearly deciphered)
“PORCELAIN ‘WHITE’ BASE COLOUR: RCMA IVORY. CHANNEL 01 EAVB, PONDER LUMERE PRESSE
SCULPT EYES, BROWS: (BROWN/BLACK)
EYE LINER (BROWN/BLACK) + MASCARA: GIVENCHY PRIZM TOME
*PILLAR BOX* OR BRIGHT RED
DOTS EITHER SIDE OF CHEEKS
‘LIKE’ LIP PEN
+ SAME COLOUR ON TOP LIP
+ SEMI-CIRCLE ON LOWER LIP.
NARS FIRE DOWN BELOW.
LANCOME EW?VCIL BLACK MAICAEA? OR MAICACA
WHITE BASE COLOUR
THE RESULT OF THIS MAKE UP GIVER A JAMNESE ‘KISUKI’ EFFERT, SO MUST BE EXECUTED WITH BOLDNESS FOR MAXIMUM EFFECT, “
- When applying Queen Amidala makeup remember to color in the eyebrows and pay attention to the shape that is seen in the movie.
- Use brown/black instead of true black may help keep the dark color without having a harsh line.
- RCMA has a no color powder that may be helpful for setting the base face makeup without changing the color and without using a white powder which may also change the color a little.